- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Former X Factor U.K. judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs, according to a report on commercial broadcaster ITV’s website.
Contostavlos, who was replaced on the show’s judging panel by the returning Sharon Osbourne prior to the drug investigation, was taken into custody Tuesday.
The British pop star’s arrest follows allegations in the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid The Sun that Contostavlos had acted as a go-between in a drug deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier. The report suggested half an ounce of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at London’s Dorchester Hotel.
Metropolitan Police told ITV that its officers were “considering” information after the publishing of the article on Sunday.Scotland Yard, another name of the Metropolitan Police force, confirmed that a 24-year-old woman had been arrested and remained in custody after the allegations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day