- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga has made it official. She’ll be starring opposite Joaquin Phoenix in director Todd Phillips’ sequel to Joker, the Oscar-winning, $1 billion-grossing, 2019 Warner Bros. hit based on the DC villain. In June, The Outne Reporter broke the news that the musician was in early talks to join the sequel, which will be a musical.
Phillips has been writing the script with Joker co-writer Scott Silver and Warner Bros. has given a green light. Warner Bros. has set an Oct. 4, 2024 release date.
Details on Gaga’s character are still under wraps. Joker is known for his on-and-off-again abusive relationship with Harley Quinn, his psychiatrist at the Arkham Asylum mental institution who falls in love with him and becomes his sidekick and partner in crime.
Phillips previously produced A Star Is Born, the 2018 remake that starred Joker producer Bradley Cooper and Gaga.
It is unclear whether Phillips and company are using other DC characters or striking out on their own, as they did in many instances with the first movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day