- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Selena Gomez and 20th Century Studios are partnering for a reboot of Working Girl.
Gomez is in talks to produce a remake of the 1988 comedy that starred Melanie Griffith as a Long Island woman who secretly takes over her boss’ job while she recovers from a broken leg. Harrison Ford and Sigourney Weaver also starred in the original film, which was directed by Mike Nichols and was a massive success, earning Oscar nominations and an impressive $100 million box office haul.
It is unclear if Gomez would also star in the project, which is eyeing a release on Hulu.
Ilana Pena, who was behind the Disney+ series Diary of a Future President, is adapting the script.
Gomez can currently be seen in the second season of the Hulu series Only Murders in the Building. She is repped by WME, Lighthouse and Johnson Shapiro.
Deadline first reported news of the project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day