- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
U.S. movie distributor Vision Films has inked a film financing and development deal with Canadian financing partner Archeos Entertainment to back a movie slate to be produced in Alberta by XII Tribes Entertainment.
The deal, which was finalized in Cannes, will see a number of feature films ranging in budgets from $3 million to $15 million shot in Canada and distributed worldwide by Vision Films.
The three-way agreement was hammered out by Vision Films’ Lise Romanoff and Michel Zgarka and Ysé Brisson for XII Tribes Entertainment.
“XII Tribes’ expertise in production, in combination with Vision Films’ expertise in worldwide distribution, will allow for us to produce content in Canada that has great global appeal,” Romanoff, managing director and CEO of worldwide distribution at Vision Films, said Monday in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day