- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charice, the music sensation from the Philippines who portrays foreign exchange student Sunshine Corazon on Fox’s Glee, has come out of the closet.
The 21-year-old singer-actress became candid in a Sunday-night interview on the Filipino talk show, The Buzz, tearfully confirming “Yes, I am a lesbian” in her native language, Tagalog.
“I don’t know what the problem is because for me, there is no problem with that,” said Charice. “So now I ask for forgiveness from those who don’t understand. And those who cannot accept. I apologize: I understand you.”
She added: “I love myself, that’s why I’m able to do this.”
Charice first gained Internet fame through YouTube videos, and has performed as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Oprah Winfrey Show, as well as on Celine Dion‘s Taking Chances concert tour. Her other TV credits include the Philippines edition of The X Factor, where she has served as a judge.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day