- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress will first star in Camp X-Ray, a war-on-terror drama that is being directed by first-time helmer Peter Sattler. She will then move to Sils Maria, where she joins Juliette Binoche and Chloe Moretz in a story that focuses on growing old.
X-Ray, which is eyeing a mid-July shoot, will see Stewart play a female soldier who is stationed at Guantanamo Bay, where she forms an unlikely bond with one of the prisoners.
A modern-set story, Maria sees Binoche as an aging actress who, after her muse dies, agrees to star in a reproduction of his most famous play, but opposite the young role that once made her famous.
Moretz is playing a scandal-ridden Hollywood star who is slotted for the young role.
In a supporting part, Stewart will play Binoche’s assistant, a paradigm of youth. (Mia Wasikowska was originally attached to the role.)
French filmmaker Olivier Assayas wrote the script and is serving as the director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day