- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sara Connally has been named vice president of film and television at Island Def Jam and Republic Records Label Group, the company announced on June 3.
Based in Los Angeles, Connally will report to Cynthia Sexton, executive vice president, brand partnerships & licensing group, and be tasked with developing new opportunities in film and television for artists on the label.
Connally come from the publishing side of the music industry, having worked EMI Music Group, Universal Music Enterprises, Bug Music and BMG/Chrysalis. “I’m excited to be working with such a talented group of artists and with such a wide variety of music,” said Connally of her new appointment. “Identifying clients synch needs and the collaborative effort with artist and label executives to get just the right fit is an energizing and rewarding process.”
Added Sexton: “Sara possess a talent for identifying the right music for the right situation as well as the tenacity to take it across the finish line to get it placed. With her broad experience, our operations will be streamlined and well connected, enabling us to generate even more significant opportunities for our artists.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day