- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a surprising revival on the network that canceled it just last summer, The Killing returned to AMC on Sunday night with a two-hour premiere that fetched an average 1.8 million viewers.
Nielsen returns have the third season opener of The Killing in line with the sophomore premiere that brought in the same number — and north of the 1.45 million viewers that tuned into the latest finale.
The murder mystery, which skews older than AMC juggernaut The Walking Dead, averaged 671,000 adults 25-54 and 563,000 adults 18-49. Both figures came in slightly shy of last year’s premiere.
Even as it my be, The Killing still came up shy of its 2011 series debut. That inaugural episode brought in 2.7 million viewers, a feat the series has yet to match.
Last summer, The Killing averaged 1.6 million viewers in Live+Same Day returns, hitting a season high in its penultimate episode with 1.83 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day