- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It turns out that Blake Shelton‘s team is not invincible after all.
Country has become king on The Voice, with four of the top six being country singers, and every single artist singing at least one country song on Monday’s live show.
Shelton has been sitting pretty with three team members still remaining, while every other coach has just one, but on Tuesday, one contestant was sent home from Team Blake.
Holly Tucker, who sang Rascal Flatts’ “My Wish” and Martina McBride‘s “When God-Fearin’ Women Get the Blues” on Monday, was voted off by America on Tuesday’s show.
That elimination leaves Shelton with two contestants (the Swon brothers and Danielle Bradbery), Adam Levine with Amber Carrington, Shakira with Sasha Allen and Usher with Michelle Chamuel.
Season three winner Cassadee Pope — who benefited from Shelton’s guidance moving her in a country direction — opened Tuesday’s show with her new single “Wasting All These Tears.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day